US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by Yanjin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:36 pm

BBC News wrote:
The US Senate has narrowly voted to hold a full debate on a landmark bill designed to overhaul the country's healthcare.
All 58 Democrats, plus two independent senators, approved it. All but one of 40 Republican senators voted against.
Two Democratic senators whose support had been in doubt earlier said they would back the package, a key election pledge of President Barack Obama.
The White House said Mr Obama was "gratified" by the result.
A full Senate debate on healthcare reform will now begin on 30 November.
Read more here

I really hope that America gets this system implemented, I mean, we have free healthcare here in the UK and it works just fine, what they don't seem to understand is that there is still private health-care that you can pay for if you wish for a higher quality of care.

Another problem is that (and I mean this in no offensive way) America is run by the rich, the majority of people in power or who have connections with those in power are the people who own vast chains of hospitals (among other things) and, of course, if Obama turns around and says he wants free national health-care then these people will lose out on money and well, because of this vote against the bill.

After all, over 46 million people have no health-care in the U.S, to give you a sense of scale, there's only 60 million people living in the WHOLE of the United Kingdom (and only around 500 thousand more in Great Britain).

_________________

RP Commands:
Normal Text = Character's Actions/Movements
Emboldened Text = Character Speaking
Coloured Emboldened Text = Character Speaking (Specific)
Asterisks Around Emboldened Text = Character Whispering
Brackets Around Emboldened Text = Character Thinking

Italicised Text = Character Is In Unleashed Form (Normal Text or Bold Text)
avatar
Yanjin
Admin

Posts : 1687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile http://animeaddicted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by UltimateKurosakiX on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, started protesting so-called "new taxes" with the bill, and it goes on and on, etc etc.
avatar
UltimateKurosakiX

Posts : 124
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 21
Location : Midwestern US

View user profile http://design.otakuboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by Yanjin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

UltimateKurosakiX wrote:Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, and it goes on and on.

So they basically did what all "great" politicians do and created a shit-storm of propaganda so that they get their own way....I, nor my family have ever had any problems with the NHS (National Health Service) but I guess it would be more difficult for America due to the large amount of people but on the other hand America has a lot more money than the United Kingdom.

Is communism still counted as a really bad thing in the U.S then?

_________________

RP Commands:
Normal Text = Character's Actions/Movements
Emboldened Text = Character Speaking
Coloured Emboldened Text = Character Speaking (Specific)
Asterisks Around Emboldened Text = Character Whispering
Brackets Around Emboldened Text = Character Thinking

Italicised Text = Character Is In Unleashed Form (Normal Text or Bold Text)
avatar
Yanjin
Admin

Posts : 1687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile http://animeaddicted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by UltimateKurosakiX on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:55 pm

NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, and it goes on and on.

So they basically did what all "great" politicians do and created a shit-storm of propaganda so that they get their own way....I, nor my family have ever had any problems with the NHS (National Health Service) but I guess it would be more difficult for America due to the large amount of people but on the other hand America has a lot more money than the United Kingdom.

Is communism still counted as a really bad thing in the U.S then?

Yeah... it was basically the same way when Clinton tried to pass the healthcare thing also back in 1994.
avatar
UltimateKurosakiX

Posts : 124
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 21
Location : Midwestern US

View user profile http://design.otakuboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by Yanjin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:56 pm

UltimateKurosakiX wrote:
NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, and it goes on and on.

So they basically did what all "great" politicians do and created a shit-storm of propaganda so that they get their own way....I, nor my family have ever had any problems with the NHS (National Health Service) but I guess it would be more difficult for America due to the large amount of people but on the other hand America has a lot more money than the United Kingdom.

Is communism still counted as a really bad thing in the U.S then?

Yeah... it was basically the same way when Clinton tried to pass the healthcare thing also back in 1994.

So, you think it wont get passed?

_________________

RP Commands:
Normal Text = Character's Actions/Movements
Emboldened Text = Character Speaking
Coloured Emboldened Text = Character Speaking (Specific)
Asterisks Around Emboldened Text = Character Whispering
Brackets Around Emboldened Text = Character Thinking

Italicised Text = Character Is In Unleashed Form (Normal Text or Bold Text)
avatar
Yanjin
Admin

Posts : 1687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile http://animeaddicted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by UltimateKurosakiX on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:00 pm

NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:
NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, and it goes on and on.

So they basically did what all "great" politicians do and created a shit-storm of propaganda so that they get their own way....I, nor my family have ever had any problems with the NHS (National Health Service) but I guess it would be more difficult for America due to the large amount of people but on the other hand America has a lot more money than the United Kingdom.

Is communism still counted as a really bad thing in the U.S then?

Yeah... it was basically the same way when Clinton tried to pass the healthcare thing also back in 1994.

So, you think it wont get passed?

Well maybe. They had to adjust alot of stuff in the bill to make everyone happy, so it wasn't EXACTLY what it originally was.
avatar
UltimateKurosakiX

Posts : 124
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 21
Location : Midwestern US

View user profile http://design.otakuboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by Yanjin on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:08 pm

UltimateKurosakiX wrote:
NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:
NathanCX wrote:
UltimateKurosakiX wrote:Yeah, except there's a little thing called conservatives keeping it from being passed. First they aired ads with British and Canadian people in poor health, saying their "government denied them what they needed", then they called Obama a communist, and it goes on and on.

So they basically did what all "great" politicians do and created a shit-storm of propaganda so that they get their own way....I, nor my family have ever had any problems with the NHS (National Health Service) but I guess it would be more difficult for America due to the large amount of people but on the other hand America has a lot more money than the United Kingdom.

Is communism still counted as a really bad thing in the U.S then?

Yeah... it was basically the same way when Clinton tried to pass the healthcare thing also back in 1994.

So, you think it wont get passed?

Well maybe. They had to adjust alot of stuff in the bill to make everyone happy, so it wasn't EXACTLY what it originally was.

Hmm, well, I hope it still provides Health care to those who need it.

_________________

RP Commands:
Normal Text = Character's Actions/Movements
Emboldened Text = Character Speaking
Coloured Emboldened Text = Character Speaking (Specific)
Asterisks Around Emboldened Text = Character Whispering
Brackets Around Emboldened Text = Character Thinking

Italicised Text = Character Is In Unleashed Form (Normal Text or Bold Text)
avatar
Yanjin
Admin

Posts : 1687
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile http://animeaddicted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: US healthcare bill passes first Senate hurdle in vote

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum