Anime Addicted
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controversy that anime/manga has caused

4 posters

Go down

Controversy that anime/manga has caused Empty Controversy that anime/manga has caused

Post by UltimateKurosakiX Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Talk about controversy that anime/manga has caused.

I know Death Note has caused quite controversy, including being banned in China, students being suspended for bringing replica Death Notes to school, etc.
UltimateKurosakiX
UltimateKurosakiX

http://design.otakuboard.net

Back to top Go down

Controversy that anime/manga has caused Empty Re: Controversy that anime/manga has caused

Post by Yanjin Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Can you elaborate on those cases, I've never heard of them
Yanjin
Yanjin
Admin

https://animeaddicted.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Controversy that anime/manga has caused Empty Re: Controversy that anime/manga has caused

Post by UltimateKurosakiX Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:31 pm

NathanCX wrote:Can you elaborate on those cases, I've never heard of them

From Wikipedia:
There have been various copycat crimes around the world which were based on Death Note. On September 28, 2007, two notes written with Latin characters stating "Watashi wa Kira dess [sic]" (私はキラです, meaning "I am Kira" in Japanese) were found near the unidentified remains of a Caucasian male in Belgium. Nothing was found on or near the victim besides these two notes.[90] A senior at the Franklin Military Academy in Richmond, Virginia, United States was suspended after being caught possessing a replica "Death Note" notebook with the names of fellow students.[91]

In South Carolina, U.S. in 2008, school officials seized a "Death Note" notebook from a Hartsville Middle School student. District officials linked the notebook to the anime/manga. The notebook listed seven students' names. The school planned a disciplinary hearing and contacted the seven students' parents. The principal, Chris Rogers, sent letters to all the students' parents saying "Regardless of the origin of the book, we take the situation very seriously. The safety of our school family is always our top priority. We treat situations like this the same as if a student called in a bomb threat or brought a weapon to school. While there may not be any serious intent to do anyone harm, we cannot and will not take that chance with our students. We will take all steps necessary to ensure our students' well-being."[92]

In Gadsden, Alabama, U.S. two sixth grade boys were arrested for possessions of "Death Notes" that listed names of several staff members and fellow students. According to Etowah County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Lanny Handy, the notebook was found the previous afternoon by a staffer. The students were suspended from the county's schools. The students, their parents, and school officials had met with Handy and a junior probation officer.[93]

In Gig Harbor, Washington, U.S. one middle school student was expelled and three were suspended on May 14, 2008 for having their own "Death Note" books. A father of one of the students said that the notebook was "an outlet for frustration from about two years of bullying."[94]
UltimateKurosakiX
UltimateKurosakiX

http://design.otakuboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanjin Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Wow....It's only a fucking book, everyone has written down people they'd want to die or...at least be hurt.

Still, people overreacted WAY too much....

As for the Belgian man, that is creepy as hell...but one person can't bring down a whole fanbase.
Yanjin
Yanjin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetRainbow Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 am

Yeah I've got a death note...
I think I might get arrested if someone sees me write 'Zac Efron in it'
And my friends were like to me 'Sarah write Jonny Faggot down' xDD
[the guy I liked]
SunsetRainbow
SunsetRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanjin Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:43 am

Write 'everyone' in it tongue
Yanjin
Yanjin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetRainbow Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah I could write you in it! *gasps
SunsetRainbow
SunsetRainbow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yanjin Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm

No, no.
Just 'Everyone'
Yanjin
Yanjin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritasa Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:31 am

write me in it.. =X

yeah guy's I have a death wish.. XD Hoera!! (No I don't really have a death wish)

I think people don't want to have my pc.. with.... al the name's I written on the 'I would love to see death' list..
Gritasa
Gritasa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down